OUR GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the reason for and extent to which your personal data will be processed when you visit our website. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the controller.
This website uses SSL or TLS encryption to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
Name and address of the controller
Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”) is:
Tel: 0049 (0) 15142465116
(1) According to the applicable laws, you have various rights regarding your personal data:
– Right to obtain confirmation and access
– Right to request rectification
– Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
– Right to request restriction of processing
– Right to data portability
– Right to object
– Right to withdraw the given consent
If you wish to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post to the address mentioned above.
(2) You also have the right of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data with us.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). If you want to visit our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability, functionality and security of our website:
– our visited website
– used IP address
– date and time of access
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Access status / HTTP status code
– the amount of data transferred in bytes
– Website from which you accessed the site (source/reference)
– used browser
– the operating system used and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) The legal basis is our legitimate interest in ensuring a smooth connection setup and a comfortable use of the website as well as in the possibility to evaluate system security and stability and to pursue further administrative purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) The data will not be passed on or used in any other way.
(1) Like many other websites, we also use so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the institution that places the cookie (in this case the institution is us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are intended to make the website more user-friendly and effective and to enable the use of certain functions. When using this common data and information we do not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. This information is just required to deliver the contents of our website correctly. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by us statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company to ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data processed by us. If certain cookies process personal data, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies:
– Transient cookies (see a)
– Flash cookies (see b)
- a) Transient cookies – in particular so-called session cookies – are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These cookies store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to a joint session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- b) The used Flash cookies are registered by your Flash plug-in. HTML5 storage objects are also stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookie to process data, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use to perform the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(2) Furthermore, we inform you in the respective offer about a transfer of your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Donations and sponsorships
(1) We also collect personal data if you voluntarily provide it to us in the course of fulfilling and processing the contractual relationship with us, i.e. when taking on sponsorships or when you are donating.
- If you choose the payment method “bank transfer to our donation accounts”, we store the data (name, address, payment data) we receive via your bank transfer in order to be able to prepare a donation receipt for you.
- If you choose the “SEPA Direct Debit Mandate” payment method, the following data is required in order to be able to debit your account: private person or company, last name, address, e-mail address and payment data.
(2) At no time will your data be passed on to third parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the contract or is prescribed by law, or you have expressly given us your consent to this. We use the data provided by you without your separate consent solely for the fulfilment and processing of the contract with us. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
(3) With complete processing of the contractual relationship, your data will be deleted after expiry of the storage periods under tax and commercial law, unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data. We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address and payment data for a period of ten years. However, after four years we will limit the processing, i.e. your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
(4) Furthermore, the connection is encrypted via TLS technology to ensure security for your financial data.
(1) If you send us enquiries via e-mail, your data will be stored for the purpose of answering the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. You will be required to provide your name and e-mail address. Providing a telephone number and other data is voluntary and serves to facilitate contact and to enable us to address you personally. These data are stored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and the technical administration. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) Your data will be deleted when your inquiry has been finally clarified and if no statutory retention obligations oppose this.
Newsletter via e-mail
On our website we offer the possibility to subscribe to our newsletter.
In addition, you will occasionally receive further messages from us to the e-mail address you have entered, in which we will draw your attention to our events or update you about your sponsored child.
(1) In order to receive our newsletter, you need a valid e-mail address. The provision of your name is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. We will check the e-mail address you have entered to ensure that you are actually the owner of the e-mail address provided or that the owner of the e-mail address has authorized the receipt of the newsletter. This is done using the double-opt-in method. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you have provided, asking you to confirm that you would like to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 48 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation.
(2) After giving your confirmation we will save your e-mail address and your name for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The data will not be passed on to third parties. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(3) You can withdraw your consent at any time and cancel the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by e-mail to email@example.com.
Integration of YouTube and Vimeo videos
(1) Our website includes videos from the platform www.youtube.com and www.vimeo.com which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and http://www.vimeo.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) By visiting our website, YouTube or Vimeo receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the technically required data: name and URL of the retrieved file, date and time of the retrieval, transferred data volume, notification of successful retrieval (HTTP response code), browser type and browser version, operating system, referrer URL (i.e. the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider will be sent to YouTube’s or Vimeo’s servers in the USA. If you also have a signed in Google Account, this information will be linked to the account. You have a right of objection against the creation of user profiles, which you must assert against YouTube or Vimeo.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube Vimeo can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information about your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google, headquartered in the USA, is certified for the US European Privacy Shield, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA (“Google”)). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, small text files placed on your computer, to help the website to analyze how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(2) We have activated IP anonymization on this website, so your IP address will be shortened by Google before sending it outside the European Union or in other countries that are party to the European Economic Area Agreement. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services relating to the use of the website. Your IP will not be merged with other Google data.
Objection and withdrawal against the processing of your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, it is possible at any time to withdraw this processing for the future. As a result, your data will no longer be processed for the agreed purpose.
(2) If your data are processed on the basis of a weighing of interests in accordance with the legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you can object to this if you have special reasons against processing the data.
(3) You also have the possibility to object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing. Thus, your data will no longer be processed for the purpose of direct advertising.
IBAN: DE73 2005 0550 1500 5499 18
Bank: Hamburger Sparkasse